Snack Tubs

A quick post to share something that really helps me (and DH) stay on plan - snack tubs. I learned this trick from the McDougall Discussion Board. Once or twice a week, I fill 3-cup Gladware containers with a variety of fruits and veggies, all cut up and ready to eat. The usuals are grapes, baby carrots, and grape tomatoes, but I sometimes include strawberries, celery, or any fruit or veggie that's not too messy.

Photobucket

Now, when I get hungry, I just pop one open and munch. The key is that it's easier to eat this than to get a bad, but oh-so-tempting snack.

7 comments:

keda said...

brilliant idea.

potatolicious said...

Keda, thanks for stopping by. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but it came from TominTN on the McDougall boards a while back. BTW, his wife is a Star McDougaller: http://drmcdougall.com/stars/karen_barron.html. Hope it helps!

Anonymous said...

I’d seen you write about this but a photo is worth a thousand words. Most excellent strategy for success. Thanks.
Letha

Jen said...

Love it! It's so helpful to know little secrets of success! Thanks for sharing!

potatolicious said...

Letha and Jenn, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Sharing ideas like this was my primary reason for blogging!

Jen said...

I did this this past week and am LOVING it. So simple, but so practical - I never would've thought of it.

Jen said...

Potatolicious - where art thou? Miss your posts!

Post a Comment